Day 12 Trailer repair

Ollie Weiss

Day 12

Monday, May 24, 2021

8:33 pm

Hours spent: 10am - 4pm 


After a well-deserved rest, my morning began sanding epoxy for 3 hours which was incredibly itchy and uneven full. Later in the day, I headed to the back of the hockey rink, where George was kind enough to let me park my trailer with the plans to replace the bunk of my trailer. It seemed like a relatively easy job, all that would not take me long at all. 



I started by removing the old 2x4's that were warped, and the carpet was ripped. Those came off pretty easy, considering all the rusty bolts had come loose and fallen off. After throwing out the old pieces, I drilled 3 holes in a brand new 2x4", then drilled a larger hole to countersink the screw. Once I had everything sitting the way I wanted it. I cut a section of carpet and stapled gunned it to the boards. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 - Sanding and Primer

Day 1 May 10, 2021

Day 3 Waterline calculations and console work