Day 8 Rub rail and Inwale

 Ollie Weiss 

Day 8 

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

9 pm

Hours spent: 10:15am - 4:30pm 


    My morning started off removing nearly 40 clamps that were holding the 2inch spacer blocks to the boat well the epoxy was curing overnight. These blocks are 1/4 of an inch thick, and the inwale is clamped on top of them. 


Once those were cured up, I test fit both of the pieces and was able to bend the wood to the boat with lots of clamps. Eventually, I had the piece in a position I liked and removed all the clamps, sealed the wood with epoxy, and clamped them together with epoxy between the pieces. 




After getting both pieces clamped up, I was able to scrape off all of the excess epoxies, hopefully saving me some sanding work for later.  After everything was clamped up and waiting to cure, I started some of the sanding work that I am hoping to have done in a day or 2.  
(It's just as unpleasant as it looks) 







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 - Sanding and Primer

Day 1 May 10, 2021

Day 3 Waterline calculations and console work