Day 9 Rub Rail Adjustments

 Ollie Weiss 

Day 9

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

5:45pm

Hours spent: 10:00am - 4:00pm 




Around 10:00 am, I made my way over to the woodshop with the hopes of removing all the clamps and be able to sand the rub rail and inwale. However, I found some small gaps in between the pieces still visible. These could easily be pushed tighter with clamps, so I spent my morning filling all of the seams, holes, and gaps with epoxy and sawdust to match the color of the wood. Once the Rail was clamped up again, I began to chip away on my sanding and get a few edges and most of the floor complete. The next few days will be mainly sanding until I am pleased with the finish and ready to paint over it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 - Sanding and Primer

Day 1 May 10, 2021

Day 3 Waterline calculations and console work