Week 2 Reflection

 Ollie Weiss 

Senior Project Week 2 Reflection 

Sunday. May 22, 2021 

Hours Spent Total: 30 



Over the past week, I have been making lots of progress on my boat; however, it is not necessarily noticeable at first glance. I spent most of my time this week sanding, and it was not my favorite part of building the boat. Most days, I would glue something up in the morning than sand for 4 or 5 hours at a time. There were most definitely times this week where I absolutely dreaded going to sand because I knew I would spend my day listening to the rumble of the sander and be covered from head to toe in itchy fiberglass dust. Still, I managed to chip away little bits at a time. With the majority of senior projects behind me, it had become apparent to me that it is physically impossible to do all the work needed to have the boat looking its best. Still, I was able to attach all the pieces and do 95% of the work. 


Heading into next week, I will probably spend most of my time in the shop working even after the senior project is over. I have little things left like sanding corners, priming, painting, and varnishing. With all things considered, I plan to finish up the sanding next week and hope to get a few coats of paint and varnish on before I head home. With such little work left, most of my time will be spent waiting for paint and varnish to dry, so it is not the end of the world if I have to paint a little more to do while I am home.  At some point next week, I also have to install hardware on the boat so that I can strap it down to the trailer. I plan on replacing the carpet on the trailer next week as well. With that being said, it is looking like I bit off more than I could chew with the time frame, but I am hoping to get as much done as possible next week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 - Sanding and Primer

Day 1 May 10, 2021

Day 3 Waterline calculations and console work